Hiring Sales team members can feel daunting. You are probably in a leadership role, you’ve got a ton on your plate. You just want a professional that can do their job well.
Before you hire
Make sure you’ve got a sales process training plan in place. Sometimes we hire professionals who are capable of being very successful in this role, but we forget to train them!
What to look for
So many professionals can excel in this industry. It really depends on their personality, sense of growth and desire to excel. There are some skills, traits and industries that I often look for including:
- High end jewelry Sales
- Long Term relationship building
- Great awareness building skills
- Customized follow up
- Greek life experience
- Connectors and strong relationships
- Great recruitment skills
- Creative thinkers
Here are some of the overall personality traits we look for when hiring good salespeople.
- Do they have a heart for CARING for seniors?
- Do they like HELPING people?
- Do they appreciate financial rewards and earning above average?
- Are they connectors? Do they like building relationships with people?
- Can they be strategic with their follow-up?
- Do people feel “good” around them?
What do they do to follow up?
Do you have a successful training process in place? Your training should include (but not be limited to)
- Education on your industry (Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory care, Respite services, Home Health services, Skilled nursing services, etc.)
- Community building (Getting to know your residents and staff)
- How to structure their day-to-day
- How to lead successful tours
- How to do an exceptional follow-up